The page could not be displayed because of a system error. It might just be a temporary problem, so press the back button and retry your request.
If you continue to get this message, please visit later when we have solved the problem.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION (Continued)
Call a healthcare provider right away if you have any of these symptoms, especially if they are new, worse, or worry you:
- thoughts about suicide or dying
- attempt to commit suicide
- new or worse depression
- new or worse anxiety
- feeling agitated or restless
- panic attacks
- trouble sleeping (insomnia)
- new or worse irritability
- acting aggressive, being angry, or violent
- acting on dangerous impulses
- an extreme increase in activity and talking (mania)
- other unusual changes in behavior or mood
2.VIMPAT may cause you to feel dizzy, have double vision, feel sleepy, or have problems with coordination and walking. Do not drive, operate heavy machinery, or do other dangerous activities until you know how VIMPAT affects you.
3.VIMPAT may cause you to have an irregular heartbeat or may cause you to faint. Call your healthcare provider if you have:
- fast, slow, or pounding heartbeat
- shortness of breath
- feel lightheaded
- fainted or if you feel like you are going to faint
4.VIMPAT is a federally controlled substance (C-V) because it can be abused or lead to drug dependence. Keep your VIMPAT in a safe place, to protect it from theft. Never give your VIMPAT to anyone else, because it may harm them.
What should I tell my healthcare provider before taking VIMPAT?
Before you take VIMPAT, tell your healthcare provider, if you:
- have or have had depression, mood problems or suicidal thoughts or behavior
- have heart problems
- have kidney problems
- have liver problems
- have abused prescription medicines, street drugs or alcohol in the past
- have any other medical problems
- are pregnant or plan to become pregnant
- are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed.
What are the possible side effects of VIMPAT?
See “What is the most important information I should know about VIMPAT?”.
VIMPAT may cause other serious side effects including:
VIMPAT may cause a serious allergic reaction that may affect your skin or other parts of your body such as your liver or blood cells. Call your healthcare provider right away if you have:
- a skin rash, hives
- fever or swollen glands that do not go away
- shortness of breath, swelling of the legs, yellowing of the skin or whites of the eyes, or dark urine.
The most common side effects of VIMPAT include:
- double vision
These are not all of the possible side effects of VIMPAT. For more information ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist. Tell your healthcare provider about any side effect that bothers you or that does not go away. Call your healthcare provider for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects to UCB, Inc. at UCBCares (1-844-599-CARE ).
Please see additional patient information in the Medication Guide. This information does not take the place of talking with your healthcare provider about your condition or your treatment. For more information, go to www.vimpat.com or call 1-844-599-2273.